Gunnar Erickson, MD
- Dr. Erickson is a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, with special interests in cataract surgery and pediatric eye problems.
- He completed his training at the Mayo Clinic and pursued additional training at the Long Beach Eye Institute and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
- He is a member of the East Central Medical Society, Minnesota Medical Association, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- He has been practicing Ophthalmology in the Lakes area sine 1983.
- He works in our Wyoming, Chisago City and Blaine locations.
- Dr. Erickson is married with two grown children. He grows apples and hardwood trees when he is not working in the office or spending time with his family.
Steven Zimmer, OD
- Dr. Zimmer is a graduate of the Illinois College of Optometry. His externship was at the Illinois Visually Handicapped Institute.
- He practices Comprehensive Optometry; with special interests in complex contact lens patients, and children with vision related reading problems.
- He has practiced Optometry in the Lakes area since 1984.
- He works out of our Blaine, Chisago City, and Wyoming locations.
- Dr. Zimmer enjoys fishing and gardening. He also has special interests in painting, music, and Formula 1 Racing.
David Sawyer, OD
- Dr. Sawyer is a graduate of the Southern California College of Optometry.
- He practices Comprehensive Optometry. He specializes in low vision care, and contact lens fittings; including specialty contact lens for bifocal contacts, and contacts for irregular corneas.
- He has practiced Optometry in the Lakes area since 1986.
- He works at our Wyoming Clinic.
- Dr. Sawyer enjoys going on regular Medical Mission trips to Guatemala. He also enjoys skiing, wind surfing, and running.
Todd Kavanagh, OD
- Dr. Kavanagh is a graduate of the University of Minnesota-Duluth; and of the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, Tennessee.
- He practices Comprehensive Optometry for patients of all ages. He also fits all contact lens including bifocal contacts.
- He has been with Total Eye Care since 2002.
- He works at our Blaine, Chisago City, Rush City, and Wyoming locations.
- He and his wife Laura, and their 3 boys are currently living in North Branch, MN. He enjoys fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, and biking.
Mary A. Bhavsar, MD
- Dr. Bhavsar is an ophthalmologist, and has been a glaucoma specialist since 1996.
- She received her A.B. degree, magna cum laude in 1987 from the Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y. She completed her medical degree from the Georgetown School of Medicine in Washington D.C. in 1991. Her ophthalmology residency was completed at the Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania in 1995. She then completed her glaucoma fellowship at the U.C.L.A. Jules Stein Eye Institute n 1996.
- Board certified, Dr. Bhavsar is a fellow of the American Glaucoma Society and American Academy of Ophthalmology. She also served on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology and for the Phillips Eye Institute. In addition to her contributions to the medical community, her expertise has helped educate the public about eye diseases and eye health. She has been a stalwart volunteer and has spearheaded glaucoma screenings for the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Bhavsar's clinical interests include selective laser trabeculoplasty, drainage devices, ocular imaging for glaucoma, pediatric glaucoma and glaucoma and pregnancy.
- She works at our Blaine clinic.